Monday, December 3, 2007

Now the details...mixed feelings

I guess that you could say today was awesome, or not. It really depends on how you look at it. I mean, today at the barn - when I rode Shotz - he bit me in the arm, swatted me with his tail, made aweful faces, refused to move until I smacked him with the crop several times (he bucked), freaked out at the back door, and threw me. But then again...
As most of you who are reading this already know, tonight was the night that my friends and I had the Folly Farm Holiday Party, and it was so much fun! I wish that you guys could have been there, you would have loved it!
For instance; we were expecting just our close friends from the barn to come, but in the end about fifty people showed up, and I'm not even kidding! There were about five plates of snacks, seven of cookies and cupcakes, and three kinds of sodas along with hot cider and cocoa. How awesome is that? Then, comes the best part...
Once everyone was really sugar-high and everything, I went over to my friends and suggested that we build up some fences and do courses in the ring to see who could go the longest and jump the highest, stuff like that. Then we started racing each other too. Let me tell you right now, racing each other in about five inches of heavy dirt and in boots with heels (even if they were small) is not the easiest thing in the world. It was so much fun because the ring is so big, about three of my friends and I would all line up at one end of the ring and run to the other [which I won every time]. Then comes Phil. Now let me just point out, he is five-eleven and I'm what...five-three? Totally unfair, but I thought maybe he would turn out to be slow...although I hightly doubted that.
Anyway, he walks up to me and goes "So if you're so fast race me." And all of my friends from the barn lined up on either side of us and made a line in the dirt to start. Ready, set, go!...he won by like, three feet, which was kind of depressing, because it's a big ring and I thought I had a chance (yeah, right!) But it was really fun all the same. Of course, the party could only get better from there...
You want to know the best thing about a good game of keep-away?
Everybody gets really wild and loud when they play it.
Want to know something else great about who was playing it?
It was all my friends from the barn, so people actually pass to me, unlike in gym class when they choose to ignore me. Let me assure you, because I am so fast, people passed to me a lot of the time.
Guess what we were playing with?
Phil's hat.
The best part about falling?
The guy who tackled you to get the hat back. :) I'm not kidding.
This game of keep-away must have been the best game I've every played, I'm not even kidding. It ended up going through the entire ring, and the schooling barn, which is a LOT of ground to cover. So yeah, it was a really good time, and EVERYONE was playing, so that made it even better. But like I said before...you haven't heard the best part...
As we were all leaving, Phil was talking about how much he was going to quit riding and he was sooo going to miss it but didn't have time and whatever. (I didn't really want to hear about it) :'( But then his mom comes up behind us and says to him, "You're not quitting for good Phil! Riding is such a good outlet for you and look at all the friends you have here. No way are you leaving for good. We're just going to have to make time for you to come to the barn, aren't we?" [this is an exact quote]
I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!

~ L8A G8AS.

No comments: