Monday, November 12, 2007

Obi's got to be one of the best horses EVER

Ok, I'll admit that I'm stearing you back to the subject of Phil again (Philip!), but whatever. He was finally back and I was so glad to see him! Anyway, today I ended up riding Obi. He's this really massive dutch-warmblood horse [I'll put a pic of him on here sometime] and he's also really fun to jump because he loves to go fast. Obviously, I had a good ride, otherwise I wouldn't be talking about Obi with such love or curtasy...
The cool part about me riding Obi was that Phil rode him later on too. How awesome is that?! Because then, we spent the entire time before Phil's lesson telling each other funny stories about stupid things that had happened while we were riding Obi, cuz he's such a nut. So then we got to talking about my ride and how Obi was behaving, and Phil was all impressed when I told him that Obi did the bending line for me at canter (that was pretty sweet) and then I acted all impressed when he told me a similar story about a horse show I guess I missed. Whatever.
Finally it was 6 o'clock and Phil went into the ring to get on Obi which left me by the gate. Oh well, we can't always steel a horse and ride with our friends... :( . It was so funny though because Obi was getting really wound up every time Phil trotted or cantered - trust me that horse can MOVE - and obviously Phil hasn't ridden in a while so he was all stiff and wasn't really expecting Obi to go so fast. So every time he rode by I would tell him to fix little things in his position and he would make some funny remark in return. Then when he started cantering he couldn't talk to me, so he walked by so many times as they took a breather while I whispered all these things he could do to make Obi slow his canter. That's what I had been practicing earlier in the day, so I had all the answers (as usual). It was really funny, that's all I've got to say.
But do you wanna know the best part?
Their mom heard my mom telling me that she would have to drive me to the barn later than I had wanted because she had to work late. So their mom joins into our conversation and starts telling me that if I ever need a ride, she'd be happy to drive me, seeing as Phil and Angela have riding on the same days that I do and even if they don't they love to come to the barn anyway, and that no one would mind in the slightest. Their mother is a GODDESS! So now I'm able to snag a ride with them if I ever need one, pretty sweet, huh?
...And now I'm all happy...

3 comments:

hockeygirl said...

So who is PHIL???

Anonymous said...

PHIIIIIIILLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY PHIL!!!!!!!! wa hoo!!!!!!!!!!!11
IZZI AND PHIL SITTIN IN A TREE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Izzi Hall said...

Maddi, didn't you read the first entry from OCTOBER? I told you that if you wanted to know, that's where you should look.