Friday, November 23, 2007

How's everybody?

Well, good to hear your thanksgivings went so well. Now I guess I get to tell you about mine. Basically, all it was was that we went up to Massachusetts to visit my aunt and uncle and anyone else in the family that decided to drop by at any point during the day, so that was fun...but I have one question - I promise it's just one - AREN'T THE HOSTS SUPPOSED TO CLEAN UP AND TAKE CARE OF THE HOUSE WHILE THE GUESTS ENJOY THEMSELVES?
That was my question, because, it's the exact opposite when we visit my aunt and uncle. See, Aunt Jodie has this brilliant plan which she likes to call "Teams". This is when she makes us find our place card at the dinner table as soon as we walk into the house and look on the back. On the back of the card you will find a number of chores which each guest must do. SHE MADE ME WASH EVERY STINKING DISH FROM THE MAIN COURSE AND THEN DRY THEM ALL. THEN...MY 2ND COUSIN AND I HAD TO PUT THEM ALL AWAY AS WELL! I wouldn't normally complain, except you know what Aunt Jodies chore that she gave herself was? ... ENTERTAIN THE GUESTS! Yeah, I know. So while we were all slaving away, cleaning up her house, she's talking to all the adults that had to do stuff like, 'move the coats from the doorway' or 'set the silverware for dinner' or my favorite was Richard's chore: 'talk to Grandma and make sure she's having a good time' [That's not exactly the world's hardest task.] I swear she gives my cousins and I the hardest jobs, but whatever. I don't want you to think badly of her, I just want you to know how weirded out my Thanksgiving was. (It was a lot of fun anyway, though)
P.S.
We had to do almost everything for desert too. 6 PIES, 2 PUDDINGS, 3 CARTONS OF ICECREAM...you get the picture. My family is massive.

Does that compare to Aunt Linda, Mollie? LOL

No comments: